Saturday, October 18, 2008

First Night Away From Quentin

So last weekend Aaron's parents came and babysat for Quentin overnight while Aaron and I took a trip up to Cleveland. It wasn't easy to leave him, but I think overall I did okay. We went to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame which was very enjoyable. I was rather disappointed that they didn't let you take pictures inside though. After that we drove around a little bit looking for Lake View Cemetery that I had found online where President Garfield is buried (or at least put inside his monument - we got there after they closed the monument for the day so we only saw the outside). Let me tell you something - Cleveland does not rock, no matter what Drew Carey says. The neighborhoods we drove through were scary looking. Obviously we finally found the cemetery and wandered around a bit - it was a very nice cemetery. We also saw where Rockefeller is buried. Then we headed toward our hotel which was on the outskirts of Akron. It was an extremely nice hotel - Thank you Nell and Craig! On the way there we stopped briefly at a waterfall. After we checked in at the hotel and got ready for dinner I checked in on Quentin. I think I did good only calling once. The next day we toured Stan Hywet Hall and Gardens there in Akron before coming home. It was a really pretty place (it was the home of the Seiberlings who founded the Goodyear Tire and Rubber Co.) although once again we couldn't take pictures of the interior. I'll post pictures once I get them onto the computer!

No comments: