Saturday, May 12, 2007

Dad's Take

I'm setting this website up for Jenny with the goal of capturing, preserving and archiving some of the highs and lows of Baby X's life.

In my twisted thoughts, this is a virtual scrapbook, that maybe someday, this child can look at and appreciate. It may be a while, what with the soiled diapers of the first years, knowing he's way smarter than me in teenage years, and apathy of the college. I realized only now, that I would like an archive like this of my life (thats a hint mom), and wanted to start it early.

SO heres the rub. This is jenny's and I'm just going to take pictures, maybe suggest topics and I'd sure like it to be interactive. So all moms out there, if you have memories of pregnancies past, share them! Not only can we archive this baby's formative months, but maybe bring out some family stories that we can share with future generations.

Sort of like pregnancy, my job finishes early.

Aaron

1 comment:

mGk said...

Congrats!!! I can't give any advice to the mom to be, but my 10 whole days of fatherhood mean that I can offer my expertise to the dad to be.
Words/phrases to avoid for the next nine months
waddle, wide, wide load, crab(by), fat (thats a given), sausage, no references to being "like your mother", no bragging to your friends about how you put the biscuit in the basket, and most importantly no references to any large blubbery animals such as whales, cows, or manatees.

Do keep in mind that this is not a complete list. It will become obvious when you need to add a new word or phrase to this list.

-Kevin