Saturday, May 12, 2007

Mom's Take

So as Aaron has yet to mention, we found out just last week that we are expecting. This coming Thursday will be our first doctor's appointment where hopefully we will find out when this baby will be arriving (although according to a due date calculator on the computer it puts Baby X's arrival around the end of the year/beginning of 2008).

So far things are going well. I just started experiencing nausea this week, which thankfully hasn't been too terrible although I still can't wait for it to pass. *Please give me tips on how to manage it if you have any* *And thanks to my sister, Julie, for already mentioning eating oyster crackers throughout the day - that has already helped*

Otherwise I've been feeling pretty good, taking naps when I'm exhausted and nibbling on whatever sounds good to eat at the moment. All this in between more than usual trips to the bathroom and trying to find shirts to wear that will fit, seeing as how my chest has decided to expand just a bit.

Sometimes it doesn't seem quite real yet that this tiny life is growing inside me, but I was thrilled to receive my fist mothers day cards today. Thank you mom and dad, Nell and Craig, and my loving husband (yes I opened Aaron's card early, but my present from him arrived in the mail yesterday and I opened it :) *if you're wondering he got me an ipod shuffle*).

And now I am done with my ramblings for today. We love you already Baby X!

Jenny

2 comments:

mGk said...

Kevin left his advice for Aaron, now for my advice to you Jenny...

#1-The term "morning sickness" is a joke.

Yes, that's right. I had morning, noon and night sickness for the first 5 months of my pregnancy. Unless someone has been through that, they will never understand how emotionally and physically draining being nauseous 24/7 can be. I found relief in the form of Ginger and vitamin B6 lollipops. There is a pharmacy in STL that sells them, and although a little pricey, TOTALLY worth it! (www.custommedications.com/nausea.htm) Ask your doctor if they know of a pharmacy that carries them. If not, let me know and we can hook you up.

#2- Nine months is not as long as you think it is right now.

I can hardly believe that we have our baby here and in the flesh. It seems like just yesterday we were sitting on our bed reading that silly little stick and giggling about what those two lines meant. Enjoy this time together, and your sleep. Both will seem scarce on day 10 after your baby is here.

#3- Now would be a good time to by stock in Glaxo Smith Klein, the makers of Tums.

Tums may just become your best friend. I didn't leave the house for the last two months of my pregnancy without them.

#4- Maternity clothes are not as fun as you think they are going to be.

I bought a tone of cute maternity clothes in my second trimester. By the last three weeks of my pregnancy I had one pair of dress pants and a few t-shirts that fit. All the "cute" stuff was way to small. Just remember, buy big because you will be big.

#5- Take every bit of advice with a grain of salt.

Even this advice. Over the next nine months you will get more advice, both from people you know and even those you don't. (Think random women in Target...) Take what works for you and leave what doesn't. No one, and no pregnancies are the same. You do what you need to do to be happy, comfortable and relaxed. Everything else will fall into place.

#6-Enjoy.

Enjoy this time, your husband, your growing waistline and your freedom. Life is about to change 180 degrees. Enjoy every wonderful minute of it.

Anonymous said...

I haven't checked my email in forever due to the fact that I didn't have a moniter for a while! BUT CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!! I'm super excited for the both of you and know you will become wonderful parents. I have no advice to offer except to enjoy everything that comes along and it IS okay to complain. If something's bugging you two, say it instead of feeling like you have to be all happy all the time. Alright, enough advice from someone who hasn't experienced anything - except through my sister. Talk to you kids later (oh on a very big sidenote: I lost our address book in the move - so if at all possible please email me your address!!!! I am just going to start a new one.)