Thursday, September 3, 2009

Child Health Specialty Clinic

The other week I finally heard back from the Child Health Specialty Clinic in Ottumwa. The woman I talked with wanted to know if I had any questions regarding what the nutritionist wanted us to do for Q. I told her we hadn't heard back from the nutritionist yet. She told me the info was sent to Q's doctor, but since I hadn't talked with the nutritionist, she would go over it with me now if I wanted. Of course I wanted to hear what we should do! So she tells me - have him drink whole milk (we're working on that), add extra butter to things for him (doing it already), give him fruits and vegetables with more fat in them (there are fatening fruits and vegetables?) and keep giving him 5-6 meals a day. Wow! How helpful was that?!? Everything Q's doctor had already discussed with us and that we've been working on with him. They also want to see him back in 3 months. My question is why should I do anything else with them when they haven't done anything different than his doctor has? It's about 30 min to get there, we were there for about an hour, took time to eat lunch and then 30 min back. So about 2 1/2 hours of my day ended up being wasted since I got nothing new out of it. I'm so disappointed about the whole thing and am not looking for a repeat thank you very much!

No comments: